Narbonne High School, 24300 Wester Ave, Harbor City, CA 90710
SOUTH & CENTRAL
Diego Rivera Learning Complex, 6100 S. Central Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90001
VALLEY EAST & VALLEY WEST
Monroe High School, 9229 Haskell Ave,North Hills, CA 91343
Mariachi Plaza, 730 Pleasant Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90033
Los Angeles High School, 4650 W. Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019
Corner of Vermont Ave. and Wilshire Blvd. (at the metro station)
Be there for our students & schools. Come march & rally for public education.
We are bargaining for the Schools LA Students Deserve, including:
• Increase in per pupil funding
• Lower class sizes in all grades
• More nurses, counselors, social workers, teacher librarians
• An end to overtesting and top-down mandates
• Wrap-around services and community schools
• Ending the privatization of our public schools
• Parent and educator voice on school budgets
• More school discipline support
• Competitive healthcare and salaries to attract and retain quality teachers
Attacks on Public Education
Attacks on public education and decades of systematic underfunding have left our schools and classrooms without the proper resources – from books and materials, to nurses, counselors, psychologists, and librarians. Our students deserve better. Enough is enough.
California Ranks 46th!
California is the 6th largest economy in the world, yet it ranks 46th in the nation on per pupil spending. California spends 7 times ($75,560) more each year per prisoner than it spends per student ($10,291). We hold LAUSD accountable to adjust their priorities and call on the district to join our fight to fund CA schools at $20,000 per pupil by 2020.
Remember to wear UTLA Red. And hashtag your social media posts: #SaveOurSchools
Date: Thursday, November 16 2017
Time of Event: 4 PM – 6 PM PST
Event Address: See Post Description
City: Los Angeles
Website Address: https://www.facebook.com/events/125973048057867/